Greetings! Here is a delicious and easy recipe for a cocktail when you are in the mood for bourbon smash, but want something a little different. Of course, feel free to try different fruits that are in season and, if you would like, pair them with your favorite herbs that complement the specific fruits. I have made these with peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums and cherries and they are all so very enjoyable!
Fig, Rosemary, and Bourbon Smash Recipe
- 2 fresh black mission figs
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz honey simple syrup (1 part honey + 1 part water)
- 2 oz bourbon whiskey (I used Bulleit Bourbon)
- Crushed ice
- Cut fig and rosemary for garnish
- Cut the figs in half and muddle with rosemary in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the lemon juice, syrup, bourbon and some crushed ice and shake well.
- Strain and serve over crushed ice.
- Garnish with cut fig and rosemary.